New York City Air Pollution Control Code Sections 24-120 and 24-122 require that equipment causing air contaminant emissions (including all fossil fuel burning equipment) must obtain either Registration and/or Certificate of Operations with the DEP – even if your facility equipment is already permitted with the State. This includes equipment that may be considered trivial or non-applicable under NYS DEC, but is NOT exempt under the more stringent NYC requirements.
Affected machinery includes:
- Fuel burning equipment using liquid, gaseous or solid fuel (input or gross output of >2.8 mmBtu/hr using fuel gas, gasoline or #1 or #2 FO)
- Equipment used in processes (some examples may include CNC machines, tumblers and drill presses)
- Portable equipment powered by an internal combustion engine, other than a motor vehicle (input of >350,000 Btu/hr), i.e. generators and air compressors.
- Refuse burning equipment
- Any equipment that was required by law to have an operating certificate prior to 01/09/1983
Call Mia Samsel, PE at Walden Environmental Engineering today for a free introductory
evaluation of your facility’s equipment. She’ll make sure you’re compliant with both NYC and NYS regulations—before you get fined!
Air Quality and Air Emissions Permitting
Walden prepares and maintains air permits for many of our clients to keep them in compliance. We will collect both indoor and/or outdoor air samples and have them analyzed for dust, metals and organic compounds to determine OSHA and/or US EPA compliance. Services include site inspections, system design, application and drawing preparation, and filing for Federal, State and Local Permits, including:
- Title V Permit (US EPA and NYS DEC)
- Air Permit (NYC DEP)
- Testing (including Vibration, Air, Stack Testing, Air Modeling and Odor Assessments)
- Control Design
- US EPA Method 9 Visible Emission Evaluation Report
- Community Air Monitoring Protocols – CAMP
Comprehensive Environmental Services
Our environmental consulting practice handles everything from regulatory management, system design, construction management, groundwater and soil investigations, and remediation. Walden’s team of highly experienced environmental, chemical, and civil professional engineers (P.E.s), professional geologists (P.G.s), and hydrogeologists provides the best solutions for our clients. Our environmental consulting services include, but are not limited to:
- Hazardous Waste Reporting
- Countermeasure Control Plans
- NYSDEC Part 360 Planning
- RCRA Contingency Plans
- SEQR Review
- Spill Prevention Planning, SPCC Preparation
- Chemical Bulk Storage and
- Spill Prevention Plans
- Solid Waste Permitting
- Soil and Groundwater Investigations, Remediation
- Storm Water Management (NOI Filing, SWPPP Preparation)
Visit www.walden-assoc.com for a complete listing of our services.